Current job listings are shown below. As we continue to grow, please check back frequently for new openings.
Deadline: September 11, 2015
Location: Des Moines
From the excitement of world-class Broadway musicals to the thrill of contemporary dance,
Des Moines Performing Arts is seeking an individual to play a leading role as a Marketing Manager.
This position is responsible for managing and implementing multi-platform marketing campaigns to drive ticket sales for professional touring productions - including events at the Civic Center, Temple Theater and Cowles Commons - working closely with industry press agents, promoters and local media. This position also will utilize the organization’s email and database technologies to create targeted online communications to segmented audiences.
Qualified candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or Marketing with a minimum of 4 years related experience
- Experience in creating and implementing marketing, advertising and promotional campaigns
- Outstanding communication (oral, written), presentation and negotiation skills
- Basic copywriting experience and graphic design sense
- Knowledge of production processes for a variety of marketing and advertising mediums, including print, video, broadcast and digital
- Outstanding project management and planning skills with ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of different advertising mediums and optimal application
- Is proactive and takes initiative; creative thinking a must
- Able to work effectively in a collaborative, team environment
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and ability to master industry-specific software programs; experience with html, content management systems preferred
- Experience in targeted database marketing helpful
- Experience working in arts/ entertainment/media industry preferred
Des Moines Performing Arts is a premier organization showcasing a variety of professional productions while providing an exciting and dynamic work environment. If you are interested and meet the expressed qualifications, complete the on-line application along with submitting your cover letter and resume to. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Des Moines Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Apply Now
Des Moines Performing Arts
aspires to be a national leader in presenting the performing arts by engaging the Midwest in world-class entertainment, education, and cultural activities.
- Des Moines Performing
Des Moines Performing Arts is a private 501 (C) (3) not-for-profit corporation presenting the performing arts to Iowa and the surrounding states. It is the presenter of major Broadway and educational touring companies, performers and groups, and is the performing home of many local and regional groups, including the Des Moines Symphony. Events, dates, times, performers and prices subject to change without notice.