Current job listings are shown below. As we continue to grow, please check back frequently for new openings.
Ticket Office Director
Deadline: October 1, 2014
Contact: Julie Caspar
Location: Civic Center/Temple
Des Moines Performing Arts has an exciting opportunity for a Ticket Office Director. We are seeking someone who is able to effectively lead the ticket office team while fostering a highly focused customer service environment. This position oversees all facets of the ticket office with responsibility for the development of retention and growth strategies, systems, policies, procedures and department training programs.
Qualified candidates should have:
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 6 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum 3 years’ supervisory experience
- Experience working in a ticket office
- Experience working with and understanding of Ticketmaster system preferred
- Outstanding leadership and management capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service and sales skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- An orientation for detail
- A good computer aptitude
- The ability to develop and foster a team environment
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- The ability to effectively meet deadlines
- The ability to think creatively and develop innovative ideas and approaches
- Experience working in a performing arts center highly preferred
Des Moines Performing Arts is a premier organization showcasing a variety of professional productions while providing an exciting and dynamic work environment. If you are interested and meet the expressed qualifications please submit your cover letter, resume and application online at www.desmoinesperformingarts.org as a Word Document. No compressed files. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Des Moines Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer.
Des Moines Performing Arts
aspires to be a national leader in presenting the performing arts by engaging the Midwest in world-class entertainment, education, and cultural activities.
- Des Moines Performing
Des Moines Performing Arts is a private 501 (C) (3) not-for-profit corporation presenting the performing arts to Iowa and the surrounding states. It is the presenter of major Broadway and educational touring companies, performers and groups, and is the performing home of many local and regional groups, including the Des Moines Symphony. Events, dates, times, performers and prices subject to change without notice.