Des Moines Performing Arts' Education and Community Engagement programs began in 1996, with the introduction of the Applause Series for school audiences. Since that time, more than 335,000 Iowans have been impacted through a variety of program offerings, such as:
Public program offerings:
- Summer theater camps for young artists
- Master classes for student and professional artists in the community
- Pre and post-show lectures and Q&A events for audience members
- Lifelong learning opportunities
- Theater tours
K-12 School programs offerings:
- Applause Series matinees for school audiences
- Professional development opportunities for educators on how to use the arts in their instruction
- In-school arts workshops and residencies
- Field trip collaborations with partnering cultural organizations
To learn more about Education and Community Engagement programs, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Des Moines Performing Arts
aspires to be a national leader in presenting the performing arts by engaging the Midwest in world-class entertainment, education, and cultural activities.
- Des Moines Performing
Des Moines Performing Arts is a private 501 (C) (3) not-for-profit corporation presenting the performing arts to Iowa and the surrounding states. It is the presenter of major Broadway and educational touring companies, performers and groups, and is the performing home of many local and regional groups, including the Des Moines Symphony. Events, dates, times, performers and prices subject to change without notice.